Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Young and Not Hungry

I can't remember if I was 5 or 6 when this happened. I was young though. Very young. She had a boyfriend (I think it was my brother's father). He some how convinced her that I had an eating disorder. At 6 years old. I didn't like him and he knew it. I ate, but I didn't eat a lot and I didn't like some of the stuff that was put in front of me. Pretty typical of a small child, if you ask me.

One night after a dinner I didn't like, they became enraged at me for not eating much. It got out of control. I remember being so small and these adults were towering over at me and yelling awful things about what happeneds to you when you don't eat and how dumb I was.

They loaded me up in the car and drove me to a facility to have me examined. It was a mental facility.

I was scared. How did an evening at home turn into this?

Doctors and nurses came in and poked me and prodded and asked me questions. I remember them trying to sway the conversation to make me look like I really had an eating disorder. I was so young and scared. She wasn't in the room with me. She was with him. I was alone.

I just wasn't hungry. That's all. I didn't like spinach or steak or tasteless mush.

I remember the wheels on the hospital beds. They scared me. The way the looked and the way they squeaked as someone was being wheeled down the hall. If I see wheels like that, I still get a stomachache.

I spent a couple of hours being examined and talked to by doctors, nurses and child psychologists. They didn't find anything of course. They sent me home. All she said was that I better start eating. Or else.

This was only the beginning of her trying to have me committed. It started when I was 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment