Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

It's Everyone Else

My Dad heard from my aunt this weekend that she spoke with my mother and that they concluded I am mad at my father and taking it out on my mother and my aunt (I'm not speaking to either of them). Does that make sense? It doesn't make sense even if I squint.

My aunt is a whole other story. I'm not speaking to her because she mistreats me and I don't need it in my life. It brings me down. It's insulting and rude.

They both have the same attitude. It must be someone elses fault. It can't possibly be something they've done or said. They are perfect.

I've seen that behavior for as long as I can remember. She can't take responsibility for her actions and words. She never apologizes. She can't hold a job because someone is always out to get her. Someone is always talking badly about her and trying to push her out and no one likes her but it's their problem.

All my life I've been the one to apologize for things I didn't do or say. Just to mend things. Just to move on. I've always led her to believe she's done no wrong. I can't let that continue. So this stalemate continues as we head into the 4th month of not talking.

I can only hope that one day she can look at herself for a change. Evaluate herself and admit that something needs changing. I admit daily that I am wrong. It's nothing to be embarrassed about. I've made sure that in my marriage I admit when I'm wrong and in parenting. I admit it, apologize and try something else. Move on. Fault doesn't have to be a horrible thing. I think it takes a bigger person to admit shortfalls and mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment