Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

music and pretty things

Getting a degree in something that doesn't inspire me or make me love Mondays was a bad decision. I talked about that in i want to care. It also stripped away my passion. Ripped out my creativity and left behind a cold, empty person that was only concerned about earning and producing. This is not a healthy thing for me. After college I hardly knew what I liked anymore. Who I was or what my style was. I had no love for the things I use to enjoy like, drawing, painting, music etc. It's taken me 5 years to rediscover only parts of myself that were lost. It's a slow process.

Recently I realized how much I missed music. Sure I 'll play it in the car but I don't really hear it, I'm too busy thinking about my to-do list. I don't feel it like I use to. The way that it could transport you. I created a station on pandora to listen to at work. All the old stuff I grew up with. Then, it hit me. I miss feeling. I miss the enjoyment of music. So, I'm making a change and including it in my life again. My toddler loves to dance so this is perfect. Playing something while we make dinner or while we clean or while I take a shower. I've missed you music. Welcome back.

Pretty things. I've overlooked pretty things, art, photos, pillows and plates. Our home has been stark naked because I've made sure we only buy things that have function. We don't need stuff on our walls to live, right? Wrong. Looking at something aesthetically pleasing reduces stress and puts a smile on my face. And that is a function. So, I'm going to allow myself to enjoy the beauty of a pretty plate or feel the excitement in an image on my wall.

I'm learning. It doesn't have to be all business. I can enjoy this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment